May 9-15, 2021.
At the No Business Lodge in McCall, ID
Are you looking for a career in fly fishing? Want to share you love for the sport with others while enhancing your skills for teaching? Join us for a five-day instructional journey, and we will send you home at the end of the week with the skills and confidence to provide an excellent guided fishing experience to your clients.
Meet Your Best-in-Class Instructors
McCall Angler's Head Guide, Brad has over 27 years of guiding experience, and has been a travel host for fishing expeditions across the Western US, Belize & Patagonia.
MeatEater’s Fly Fishing Director, Miles has over 20 years of professional guiding and destination travel under his belt.
Self acclaimed “World’s Greatest Fly Fishing Guide in the History of the World”, Hank will bring his humor and industry experience.
A 20 year veteran fly fishing guide, former professional fly tier and fly shop owner, Graham has guided all over the US and abroad.
FFI Master Casting Instructor with over 30 years in the fly fishing industry.
Our Premier Fly Fishing Guide School based in McCall, Idaho offers a first-class experience. Top-notch instruction from industry professionals with over 50 years of combined experience will challenge you, expand your angling knowledge, and provide the skills and techniques to make a successful career out of fly fishing.
McCall and the surrounding areas present a wide variety of landscapes for fishing, including rivers and lakes. You will learn how to creatively and effectively handle guiding and teaching in each of these diverse situations; whether you are in a drift boat, raft, or in a walk-and-wade body of water.
This is not your typical guide school! We are bringing you a unique instructional experience to expand your knowledge on how to be a professional and successful fly fishing guide in a fun and diverse atmosphere. We will teach you the tactics to succeed in teaching and guiding in a variety of situations, and also provide you with tools to operate a successful and professional business.
- How to teach fly casting and diagnosing casting issues
- Client interaction, understanding learning styles and managing expectations
- Entomology and “how to fish” the hatch properly
- Reading the water and wade fishing tactics with clients
- Boatmanship, river etiquette and rowing in different waters
- Trip preparation from start to finish
- How to manage your business (customer service, conflict resolution, accounting, and marketing)
- Plus so much more …
Costs & Registration
Total cost for Tuition $3,200.
Included in your tuition:
- 6 Nights at the No Business Lodge located just south of McCall, ID. The Lodge is perched on a beautiful stretch of the Payette River and features luxurious accommodations. NBL is also the host and location for your classes, so no rushing around during the day is required! Evenings relaxing by the fire or in NBL’s unique bar are your reward for a hard day’s work.
- All Meals are included and will be catered by chefs from MFT Catering. Delicious and healthy meals are cooked on-site.
- We provide gear to use during school including: rods, reels, and boating equipment
Not included: Idaho State Fishing License (required)
There is a 50% non-refundable deposit required. 15 days from the start time of your course, 100% payment is required and is non-refundable. Credit cards are accepted.
If notice of cancellation is received 30 days or more prior to your trip a full refund, less $100 per each tuition, will be returned to you. If notice of cancellation is received less than 30 days in advance of the trip 50% of any amounts paid will be refunded.
A few notes
What Gear to Bring:
We suggest bringing waders, boots and fishing equipment (if you need gear, please let us know as soon as possible). The weather is unpredictable this time of year in the mountains, so be prepared for the worst case scenario (rain or snow are possible). We suggest bringing a hat, gloves, rain jacket, warm layers, sunscreen, polarized sunglasses, a water bottle and a gear or dry bag. Bring a pair of swim trunks for the Lodge’s spa. There is a laundry facility at the Lodge, but you will be sharing with the whole crew.
You don’t have to be the best angler to be an outstanding guide! Our course focuses on the skills and techniques involved in being a successful fishing guide, not fundamental fly fishing skills. If you’re planning on fishing all week, our program is not for you.